- I am a practicing 20 year lawyer at an AmLaw100 law firm and repeat taker. I first started with a private tutor from another service and then used two other services that you typically see advertised, but still found myself answering questions like a practicing lawyer and not a law…
- I recently moved to the Bay Area and needed to pass the California Bar. I was fairly concerned as it had been 10 years since I had graduated law school and took my last bar exam. Practicing law is about shortcuts and I understood that shortcuts would not allow me…
- Passing the California Attorney’s Exam: I’m happy to recommend Barwinners for any attorney exam applicants. The California bar exam has very little to do with the practice of law, so the course is essential to identifying the material that needs to be memorized and the manner in which it should…
- Before signing up with Barwinners, I had last taken a Bar Exam during the Ford Administration. In the decades that followed, I developed skills that served me well as a litigator but were at best useless and at worst counterproductive with respect to passing the California Bar Exam. There’s a…
- Overall, I highly recommend Barwinners. It will prepare any applicant to take and pass the Exam. I’d be happy to talk to any attorney exam applicant about my experience with Barwinners. As you know, I was also an attorney applicant who took your course. I cannot stress enough how thankful…
- Thank you so so very much for the fantastic bar review course. My first attempt at passing the CA Bar – Attorney Exam turned out to be the one and only! I have succeeded thanks to Barwinners, you personally and of course the efforts I’ve put into it myself. Thank…
- Exciting news this morning. My name will appear on the July California Bar Exam pass list. Thank you. Gabe Kralik, Esq. General Counsel and Chief Patent Counsel, Licensed Attorney, New York and NOW.
- Thank you so much for your personal encouragement and support, your spirit and enthusiasm, your hard work and your efforts. I especially thank you for your materials. As you know, I had been practicing as a New York attorney in California for 25 years, but then needed to be admitted…
- I passed. I’m far, far from certain that would have been the outcome without your assistance and especially your support. Please convey my thanks to Maria and to your entire team. Everyone was incredible.
Flexible streaming online videos and learning management system, works around your schedule and on your devices.
This Program is designed specifically for Attorneys Who ARE COMMITTED to PASSING THE CALIFORNIA ATTORNEY’S EXAM BUT HAVE BUSY PRACTICES AND DEMANDING SCHEDULES.
This streamlined program is perfect for the busy practitioner. We have written an Attorneys Exam Approach Book, which are mini-Approaches just for you. Our goal: To save you time, manage your study time effectively, and help you reach your goal.
We have On Demand streaming lectures with talented professors, timed Simulated exams with quality feedback on each and every exam you write. Also, there is an online attorney’s exam mentor. We have over 30 years experience and a California based bar review course. (For California attorney’s exam bar takers, One-on-One tutoring is online via Skype or phone as an add-on package).
We have written an Attorneys Exam Approach Book, which are mini-Approaches just for you. Our goal: To save you time, manage your study time effectively, and help you pass the California Attorney’s Exam easily.
Since CA Attorney Exam bar takers are graded with General Bar Exam student CA bar exam takers, we work to integrate the streaming lectures with General bar exam information (minus Multi-state content). Attorney’s taking the CA Attorney’s Exam, need to write like “law students pretending to be attorney’s” rather than writing like lawyers. Call me. We’ll talk more about this fascinating dynamic and California bar passing hint.
The bar graders take on average, one-two minutes to grade each of your essays and performance tests. Therefore, we have designed for you, a structured, paced, doable program to keep you on track, ensure peak performance and readiness for passing the California bar exam.
The Barwinners Approach Book–Reach Your Goal!
What you need to pass the essays contained in ONE, BAR-READY, CONDENSED, EASY TO MEMORIZE and USE, APPROACH BOOK. Written by Shari Karney, Esq. Owner and Creator of Barwinners. Shari has practically done the work for you. Barwinners has boiled the 14-tested substantive subjects down for memorization and ease in applying the substantive law to bar exam essays.
For California Attorney’s Exam takers ONLY: Mini approaches (edited down from Approach Book), short, easy to memorize and write from, especially for you. Attorney’s Exam Online Course (for those not taking the MBE).
- On-Demand streaming lectures taught by talented professors covering Essay and Performance Tests. (MBE lectures available if you are taking the MBE).
- Take classes around your schedule and with great teachers.
- Flexible online video streaming with a learning management system that works around your schedule and on your devices.
- Structured daily schedule
- The Attorney Exam Approach Book “Bar Bible”
- Timed, Simulated CA Bar Exam scheduled and structured
- Bar review outlines, lectures, Performance Tests (MBE, 2,000 MBE questions & explanations optional).
- Essay Workshops, Performance Test Workshop, (MBE Workshops-optional), Simulated Performance Exams, grading and feedback
- Online Attorney Mentor-Questions answered by a licensed California Attorney.
- Simulated Practice Bar Exam Essays, quality feedback, grading & turn around time.
- Shari Karney, Esq. Owner and Creator of Barwinners masterminding your tutoring, diagnosing exactly what you need
- Unmatched PERSONALIZED attention for every attorney
What Will I Get from Attorney’s Exam Online Program?
Flexible Online Video Streaming and Learning Management System/h4>
Works around your schedule and on your devices. An On-Line Attorney Mentor to e-mail on a regular basis regarding Essay and Performance Test help, feedback and expert help with any of your bar-related needs or questions. (1 e-mail per week, 1 focused phone call per week with Shari Karney, Esq. as needed).
On Demand Intensive Course streaming lectures taught by CA Bar Exam talented professors provides you with a structured, paced program designed to keep you on track and focused. Engaging lectures on the 14-Essay Bar Tested topics, and Performance Test Workshops.
Take Classes Around Your Schedule and With Great Teachers.
BARWINNERS focuses your studying, helps you get on a structure study schedule, and coaches you step-by-step how to write a passing answer–and within the Attorney Exam’s time limitation.
The BarWinners Intensive Course Is Included In Every Package
Online participant class size is deliberately restricted. This ensures you get more attention and comprehensive feedback to meet your special Bar Exam needs.
You don\’t have to re-organize or re-work the materials in order to write a passing Bar Exam answer. Our substantive approaches and rule statements are simple, straightforward and easy to memorize.
We provide a substantive Approach review for all 14-tested subjects on the Bar Exam. We give you a Bar Ready writing approach for each tested subject and area on the Essay Portion of the Bar Exam. We give you exactly what you need to write for each tested issue. All you have to do is give the Bar Examiners what we give you, and simply fill in the applicable facts.
- Professional Responsibility (ABA & California)
- Evidence (Federal and California)
- Real Property
- Constitutional Law
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Procedure
- Civil Procedure (Federal and California)
- Business Associations
- Community Property
BarWinners materials are awesome. The APPROACH BOOK, which Bar-takers refer to as the “Bar Review Bible,” (click here to see sample materials) lays out the material in exactly the way the Bar Grader wants to see it, Bar Ready in answer blueprints (beyond IRAC).
You are shown how each issue must be written and analyzed. You are given all the headings, sub-headings, and rules of law exactly as they should appear on your Bar Exam essay answer.
All you have to do is apply the facts to the pre-memorized approaches during the actual exam. This maximizes your issue spotting and you will find that your answers practically write themselves.
We give you the headnotes and sub headnotes that you are going to use on the actual exam. We show you what issues you need to write for heavily tested areas. We give you pre-memorized and easy to write rule statements.
Under the stress of sitting for the exam, and the time constraints put on you, we believe in giving you exactly what the readers need to see to score well. Our outlines and materials are user-friendly, with the right amount of law, but not so much, that you can\’t memorize anything.
We demonstrate proper format, style and best look for your exams to pass. The Bar Graders take 1-3 minutes to grade your essays and performance tests. We give you what you need to pass.
Learn to Unlock the Secrets of the Performance Test in 15 Minutes
The Performance Test dramatically impacts your final score because it counts for more than 25% of your total score. Each performance test equals two essays; so, the two performance tests are worth four essays. Since the Performance Test is such a large percentage of the exam, a strong score can compensate for average or weak MBE scores or grades elsewhere on the exam.
Timing Issues: First and foremost, BarWinners addresses timing issues to ensure that all students are able to effectively organize and present the key points necessary to pass the bar. We demonstrate how you can control the material instead of letting the material control you.
Our unique Performance Test method eliminates the “reading, writing, and briefing-twice” syndrome that some California Bar Review Courses encourage, and cuts back sharply on the provisional paperwork.
Organization: The Key: We offer practical short-cuts that eliminate all the paper clutter and show you how to make maximum use of your laptop to cut down on duplication, double work, and double entries.
Unlock the Secrets of Passing the Performance Test In the First Fifteen minutes. We show you how to approach all tasks in a manner that organizes your answer to deliver to the grader the requested substance requested by the task memo.
Taught by a Top Performance Test Expert:
Student repeatedly rate BarWinners\’ Performance Exam professor as “Excellent” with comments such as “Wish I had her in law school,” “The best writing teacher I\’ve ever had.” “She was spectacular and made the Performance Exam easy.”
What makes our Performance Professor so good is that our PT Professor shows you how to read, organize, and outline the Performance Exam in 90 minutes or less. She then shows you how to write from your outline a passing exam. THE KEY TO THE PERFORMANCE EXAM IS TIMING AND ORGANIZATION. Once you have a good outline, we know you can write a passing exam.
We grade your exams exactly like the Bar Examiner’s. We give you precise, focused, accurate feedback. Our graders, mentors, tutors, show you how to turn what you are doing into a passing essay or performance test score. Improve your Essay and Performance Test Scores!
Then, the On-Line Videos briefly review and reemphasize what is commonly tested, so there\’s even more emphasizing what\’s important and deemphasizing what\’s not.
Secondly, the videos continuously stress how to WRITE THE ANSWER. What to do and what not to do, so you continuously maximize your use of time, AND maximize you potential score – hit the “buzz words” or the issues needed to get as many points available
We grade your exams exactly like the Bar grades. We do not inflate grades to give you a false sense of security. We show you how to fix your writing to make it more Bar-friendly.
We give you focused, accurate, timely feedback. Our instructors and graders show you how to turn what you are doing into a passing essay or performance test score.
After taking the BarWinners MBE Workshop many of our students show a 20-30-question raw score improvement (even on Real Property and Evidence MBE questions).
Professor Karney and our expert team at BarWinners gives you individualized feedback in a small-personalized class setting. WE SEE YOU AND KNOW YOU. WE DO NOT ALLOW YOU TO FALL THROUGH THE CRACKS in passing the California Bar Exam. We show you how to outline, organize and effectively write essays and performance tests so that you can pass the bar exam easily. We provide comprehensive, quality feedback. We use former bar exam graders and licensed California attorneys who are experts on what the California Bar Exam is looking for. We have 6 MBE Workshops and over 2,000 practice questions with explanations.
You only have 15 minutes to outline an essay and 45 minutes to write. The California Bar exam grader takes 1-2 minutes to grade your essays. Our essay workshops show you how to take the substantive law and apply it to bar exam questions, for the highest points.
BarWinners is geared to your success at quickly, easily, and clearly, giving the grader what they want and increasing your score. Cut down on their work. Don”t leave points on the table. Don’t assume they know the basics. It doesn’t have to be beautiful or eloquent. Passing the CA Bar Exam is technical writing. Formulaic.
We provide a substantive Approach review for all 14-tested subjects on the Bar Exam. We give you a Bar Ready writing approach for each tested subject and area on the Essay Portion of the Bar Exam. We give you what you need to write for tested issues and sub issues. Give the Bar Examiners what we give you, and fill in the applicable facts.
We show you how to apply the law that you are memorizing to actual Bar questions. BarWinners’ believes that students have difficulty on the Bar exam, because although they study the law, they need to spend a lot more time on how that law gets applied to actual Bar questions. BarWinners gives you over 70 practice questions that we do in class, assign as homework, or for your study group to self-grade.
In essay classes, we show you how to apply what you are studying to actual bar exam practice questions. Too often, students try to learn the law in a vacuum. They may understand the First Amendment in Constitutional Law, but when it comes to writing a passing Bar Exam essay on it, they may get confused, disorganized and stressed.
We show you how to outline, organize, headnote, and write a bar exam essay for tested issues and sub issues on the Bar Exam. Follow our methods, techniques, and feedback.
We demonstrate how to outline a Bar Essay in 15 minutes. The first 15 minutes are key – they will determine whether you pass or fail that essay and ultimately, the Bar Exam.
Remember, the Bar Graders take 1-3 minutes to grade your essay. YOU NEED TO GIVE THEM WHAT THEY EXPECT TO SEE (i.e. WHAT MATCHES THEIR GRADING SHEET) from the very first sentence of your essay. They must see, right-out-of-the-gate, that you are minimally competent. The Bar Exam is not a test of creativity, or even a test of how good a lawyer you are going to make.
Give them what they want and you will get what you want – to pass this milestone and move on with your life.
During the actual exam, our students tell us, “that the exam practically wrote itself, after taking Barwinners.”
We give you the format, style, and structure that the Bar Examiners would like to see on your essays.
- Introduction to Bar Exam Writing
- Professional Responsibility
- Evidence/Constitutional Law
- Real Property/Community Property
- Criminal Law/Criminal Procedure
- Civil Procedure/Business Association
We grade your exams exactly like the Bar Examiner\’s. We give you precise, focused, accurate feedback. Our instructors and graders show you how to turn what you are doing into a passing essay or performance test score.
Our unique Performance Test method eliminates the “reading, writing, and briefing-twice” syndrome that some California Bar Review Courses encourage, and cuts back sharply on the provisional paperwork. Organization is essential: we offer practical short-cuts that eliminate all the paper clutter and show you how to make maximum use of your laptop to cut down on duplication, double work, and double entries.
Timing is critical: we demonstrate how you can control the material instead of letting the material control you.
Whether it is a Memo, Points and Authorities, Discovery Plan, Opening Statement, Ethical Consideration or other Performance task, we show you how to structure, organize and write a passing performance exam answer in the allotted time. Then we give you practice doing it under bar timed conditions.
- Organizing and Analyzing Performance Materials
- Simulated Performance Test
- Reading, Recognizing and Applying Relevant Facts to Performance Materials
- Simulated Performance Test
- Lecture and Performance Learning Exercises
- Simulated Performance Test
- Tactical Skills and Ethical Considerations
- Simulated Performance Test
- MBE Question Review & Substantive Lecture — Evidence
- MBE Question Review & Substantive Lecture — Real Property
- MBE Question Review & Substantive Lecture — Contracts
- MBE Question Review & Substantive Lecture — Constitutional Law
- MBE Question Review & Substantive Lecture — Torts
- MBE Question Review & Substantive Lecture — Criminal Law/Criminal Procedures
- MBE Question Review & Substantive Lecture — Civil Procedure
- Simulated MBE Exams
THE APPROACH BOOK- (The “Bar Review Bible”)
This incredible book lays out for you, a substantive law approach for every subject and issue tested on the California Bar in exactly the way you will write that issue on the actual Bar Exam. Remember, the California Bar Exam is a standardized test. The Bar graders take only 1-3 minutes to grade your essays. We give you the headings, sub headings, rules of law, and steps for each issue in for every Bar tested issue and area of the law.
The Approach Book covers gives you substantive law in an Approach format to make learning, memorizing and applying the law easy. The Approach Book includes Contracts, Torts, Remedies, Evidence (including relevant California rules-CEC), Real Property, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Civil Procedure(including relevant California rules-CCP) , Business Associations, Community Property, Trusts, Wills, and Professional Responsibility (including ABA, Model Rules, and California Rules-CRPC)
BarWinners 1500 plus Page QUESTION AND ANSWER BOOKS (VOL I AND II) contain actual California bar exam question and suggested answers given on previous California Bar Exams. All suggested answers have received a score of 75-80 from the California Bar Examiners.
Our Answer Book also contains BarWinners cutsheets and answers. We show you how to write a passing answer and give you samples of what a good answer looks like.
QUESTION AND ANSWER BOOKS VOL. I AND II:
These bar ready, easy to use question and answer books cover the issues and areas of the law that are heavily tested by the California Bar Examiners as well as potential “surprise” issues and CROSSOVERS. Included in BarWinners\’ question and answer books are: Contracts, Torts, Remedies, Evidence, Real Property, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Civil Procedure, Business Associations, Community Property, Trusts, Wills, and Professional Responsibility and all crossover possibilities.
We have carefully reviewed all the questions and answers the California Bar has given over the years, and hand-selected the best questions to prepare you to pass YOUR Bar Exam.
PERFORMANCE TEST WORKBOOK:
A 900-Page PERFORMANCE TEST WORKBOOK with templates on how to organize and respond to the most commonly tested tasks on the Performance Test. Also included are Practice Performance Tests with sample answers. Covered, are the most heavily tested Performance Tasks and areas. We have included FORMAT TEMPLATES for each. Included in the Performance Workbook are templates and Performance Exams that cover Memorandums of Points and Authorities, Inter-Office Memos, Client Letters, Legal Briefs, Declarations, Affidavits, Letters to Opposing Counsel, Documents of Legal Significance, Settlement Agreements, and Ethical Considerations. Each Performance Test has a File, Library, and Suggested Answer.
2,000 practice questions and answer explanations of correct answer and why the other 3 answer choices are less correct. MBE Manual Section that teaches you the most effective technique for picking the correct answer and how to eliminate the incorrect choices. All the tricks and nuances of the multiple choice.